Pages

19 February 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany's Dress

When the occasion calls for sophistication with a twist of retro and a touch of now.  I named this the Breakfast at Tiffany's Dress because it reminded me of the naïve, eccentric girl played by Audrey Hepburn in the same movie's title. 

I love the way a small bit of white can "classy up" a little black dress.  I knew I wanted to create this effect, yet keep the innocence of childhood in it.  I came across a rabbit cutout --- and decided it would be just the right touch to soften the sophistication with a bit of playfulness.

The standout color is perfect for springtime and many formal occasions.  I once coordinated my family in black and white for Easter.  We all love the bright colors of the season -- but it's nice to have a distinct and crisp look too.  Black and white can many times be far more eye catching then the fanciest flowered fabric out there.

Dress is made of 100% kona cotton in black with white covered buttons and piping. Fleece applique has black and white bow. Fully lined and Made to Order is Sizes 6 mths - 5/6 Years. (I'm seeing a lovely pair of white gloves right now).

You can find the Breakfast at Tiffany's Dress here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!