Pages

26 February 2012

Bunny and Trellis Dress

While searching for the designer of this bright and cheerful fabric, I came to discover she was fellow Etsy shop owner Laurie Wisbrun!  I explained how I came across her design, but could not find it available anywhere.  The reason for that, she explained, was because her 'Whimsy' line had been picked up, by fabric manufacturer, Robert Kaufman -- and was due to come out in February.  As soon as the fabric was available I purchased a few yards.  I was twice as happy to discover it was organic!

With so many Hungry Caterpillar orders, it took me awhile to find a moment to make this Bunny and Trellis Jumper.  I'm pleased with the results.  The cotton is of very good quality, yet soft enough to flow and hang just right--something organic cottons tend to do.  The fuchsia bunnies against a deep, butter yellow--then framed with a summer green, makes it all the more endearing.  I especially love the sprinkle of white flowers between the trellis.  It's funny how a bit of white can really help balance a design and soften and center boldness.

This is a great look for spring and summer. The jumper looks great as is, or I can see it with a lovely white peasant blouse underneath.  As soon as I find the time to make one, I'll pair it up and present it....or perhaps someone will order a top and force me to do it sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!