Pages

26 February 2012

Crawling with Caterpillars! The Very Hungry Caterpillar - New "LOLA" Dress

The Very Hungry Caterpillar 'Lola Dress'
The Lola Dress:
 
New Years Day and the weeks following, startled me with several unexpected orders on Etsy.  I thought life would slow down a bit after the holidays--but thankfully, it's been the shortest winter of my life, due mainly from my many, wonderful customers and their Very Hungry Caterpillar purchases.  I have truly enjoyed working with Eric Carle's Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric.  The designs are put together in the same fashion his abstract work is -- Bright and Delightful.  

I can't tell you how important it is for me to enjoy the fabric I work with.  I find it simply impossible to make anything from Mr. Carle's line and not like it.  Everything always fits together so perfectly and the mix of primary colors are constantly pleasing.  When I was reading his book to my now, grown son, I had no idea how his favorite story would continue to stay with our family.  

My reversible Caterpillar/Butterfly dress was selling so well-- but not all customers prefer the reversible option.  I felt inspired to design a simpler version, in the peasant dress style.  As I placed the finished product on the dressform, our 6 year old son complimented me on how great 'Lola' looked.  Lola, is the name of my 12 month dressform.  Our son names all my dressforms -- with his great imagination, they have become his little brothers and sisters. 

I'm so thankful for my family.  My husband has brought home countless 'to go meals' and he and my children are so encouraging when it comes to my work.  They are my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!