Pages

04 March 2012

Boys Peterpan Collar Shirt with Old Time Circus Clown Applique

Boys Peterpan Collar Shirt with Clown:

Sometimes I just close my eyes and images appear.  My day had unexpectedly received some sad news.  Hubby consoled me, and as usual, encouraged me to sew.  Sewing seems like a funny word at times -- as in my mind I am just 'Creating'.  And as my family knows, 'Creating' makes me happy.  This little clown has been hanging around for quite some time -- and I think he was talking to me -- telling me it was his turn.  As I recalled the recent image in my head for a boys shirt - I picked him up and placed him on a crisp white piece of kona cotton.

I love how solid color fabric brings our attention to detail.  I laid a piece of blue piping next to my little friend and that's all I needed to get me going.  I felt this would make the perfect little shirt for Circus themed parties -- or just a nice visit to town.  With it's completion, my gloom was gone. 

Isn't it wonderful being human?  I don't know any other species on earth that can create an image in it's mind, then see it come into reality.  What a blessing.  What a wonderful world.  I'm enjoying my time here.


Have a wonderful Sunday.  You can find this shirt here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!